the great name debate
1. If the name offered is the same name of someone on a reality show, or someone I've ever known in my life that I didn't like, I reject it.
2. If the name is deemed too '80s, too stonewash jeans mall-ish, I reject it.
3. I'd prefer Second Bambina not have the same starting initial as First Bambina (either given or nickname) -- let me say I know a lot of people actually choose names completely on this fact, which is totally their choice; however not for me. Problem is there are lots of good names that start with "A" and "M"! I'm also keenly aware that I may have to get over this...
4. Schmidt is a somewhat challenging surname. For instance, Charlotte is my mother's name (which I love), but Charlotte Schmidt is a mouthful.
5. I hate it when a certain celebrity that I happen to abhore chooses a name that we'd practically settled on, thus causing you to throw out name out of spite.
6. Is it too much to ask to find a fabulous yet classic name that isn't overused or set to "skyrocket" in the years ahead?
The list, unfortunately, goes on... I will say that Husband and I have about 3 names right now that we're toying with, and I'm secretly hoping that I can sprinkle magic-name-lovin'-pixie-dust in his direction so he'll love one particular one as much as me.
Until then, I'll be obsessing over the likes of Nameberry and You Can't Call It "It", two favorite name blogs that I've discovered in the midst of this great quest.
So what about you, fellow mamas? Was choosing a name as difficult for you as for us?