I've had such a blast working with Seventh Generation this year, helping to spread the word about their Toxin Freedom Fighters campaign and general goodness. And I could never have guessed how it would have come to my rescue in the last few days. Let me digress...
Yep. That doesn't happen anymore. Now when I'm hit with a viral infection (which left me miserable for 10 days), I'm staggering around while taking care of my children, who don't really get the "Mommy's sick" concept. Couple this with the last week of school, a pounding head for a week and a working-late-most-nights Husband and you have an admittedly unpleasant person. Pity party for one! I really do hate to be a complainer... but it was not a fun couple of weeks.
Now that I'm getting back in the swing of things, I'm addressing the disarray around me and trying to de-fumigate the house as best I can from my illness. The apartment completely fell to shambles while I was sick. Laundry and dishes piled sky-high, stepping on toys in every room... you get the picture. And no, there is no photographic evidence because really, who wants to see that?
I'm slowly getting things back in to shape with the help of some of my favorite Seventh Generation products. Here they are, in random order:
1) Lavender Floral and Mint dish soap: Is there anything not to love about this scent? I adore the way it smells, which almost makes the fact that we don't have a dishwasher almost bearable. The non-toxic, no dyes part is an obvious no-brainer.
2) Chlorine Free Bleach: I realize bleach is a random thing to love, but let me just say that historically bleach makes me nervous. I have this irrational fear that I'll spill it all over myself and accidentally swallow some (remember I said irrational!). That said, I like that I can use the Seventh Gen bleach and not worry about a bleach-y smell and harmful chemicals. Though it's still doubtful I'd drink it.
3) Facial Cleansing Cloths: Here I go with the lavender scent again, but this is a great product for someone who wants a refreshing face cleanse... and the smell is lovely. I used these often while I was sick and too exhausted to take a shower. TMI?
4) All Purpose Natural Cleaner: So I've been using this all over the house in the last few days. What a relief to not feel worried about what strange chemicals I've just used on my countertops and window sills, or my children's toys and art table.
5) Glass and Surface Natural Cleaner Concentrate: Here's the cool thing about Seventh Generation's concentrates... you just add them to water and you're golden! The small size still packs a punch and is just as effective as its full-size version.
I don't get sick very often, but when I do... wow, it really makes me appreciate my otherwise good health. I am so thankful to be back in the land of the living... and getting my home back in shape again. Whew!
Disclaimer: As mentioned, I am working with Seventh Generation this year promoting their products. All opinions expressed herein are my own.