The Festival, an exclusive offering to those with Family memberships, features fun, educational activities before sunset, followed by a screening of child-friendly classic films from their exclusive collection. Currently in its inaugural season and running on Wednesdays during the month of July, I'm quite sure it will only grow in popularity in the coming years. And quick side note: there's a cute beverage/snack cart available in the back of the garden (hello Prosecco!), but you can also bring food with you, too.
I didn't know a whole lot about MoMA's Family membership, and was surprised to learn its many benefits. A few highlights:
- Unlimited free admission for two adults and children to MoMA and MoMA PS1
- Members-only programs like weekend Little Member Mornings, the popular MoMA Family Festival, and for the first time ever the Little Member Film Festival in the Sculpture Garden
- Personalized membership cards for children (a beloved benefit!)
- $5 tickets for grown-up guests on every visit
- Member Previews for all major exhibitions
- Discounts in our MoMA Stores and restaurants
Now that the girls are getting a bit older, I'm excited to share my love of art with them, especially in a museum-rich home like New York City. We're so lucky to have incredible access to some of the most amazing works of art in the world! Of the many hopes & dreams that I have for my children (and that list is LONG), I hope they'll grow up with an appreciation of great art in all its forms. And I love that MoMA is on board with that plan, too.